- @msmary_12 nailed by Kate ;) 3 years ago
- @msmary_12 awww baby baby 3 years ago
- #wootwoot #bfftime 3 years ago
- 71 Reasons Why We’re All Still F*cking Single elitedaily.com/dating/76-reas… via @EliteDaily 3 years ago
- Fun day at the zoo. Feeding giraffes and sting rays. instagr.am/p/QQNXOYLjFJ/ 5 years ago
- RT @ESPNNFL: "Eli Manning is the best quarterback in the NFL right now." -- Skip Bayless on First Take today 5 years ago
- i really want to date a guy...without a vocal chord 5 years ago
a minute of manners and musings
April 7, 2010Posted by on
I have been painfully wading through a big project over the last few days and I finally figured out why my mojo was so off.
You see, that is my desk. What you can’t see (because I didn’t want you to see and since this is my blog, you only get to see what I let you see and that’s the way I like it) is the pollen and dirt covered dog underneath the chair that really sets off the air of professionalism I preach with such gusto. You can see, however, the stacks of stuff. I admit it, I am a Stacker. I get it from my mother.
As a part of this project I’m working on, I wrote a piece on maintaining your workspace. “Your personal space is viewed as an extension of how you work,” I wrote. “If your desk is cluttered with papers, trash and files, people will assume you are unorganized in your approach to your job as well.”
What do I know? Don’t listen to me.
So, I took the bull by the horns and spruced up. I turned on Zac Brown, I threw away, I filed, I put things in their place, I ran the dog out of the room, and voila!
The etiquette lady is back in business!
Here’s the deal: tidy up your space and feel your mojo kick in. And, add the little touches that speak to you, that inspire and energize you. See that pitcher sitting on my desk? That’s water with sliced lime floating on top. It makes me feel good, so I think I’ll keep it there. And, when I feel good, I’m more productive. And, when I’m more productive, I’m nicer and my business runs like the well-oiled machine I need it to be.
Cleaning off my desk isn’t a big thing to do, but it worked.