- @msmary_12 nailed by Kate ;) 3 years ago
- @msmary_12 awww baby baby 3 years ago
- #wootwoot #bfftime 3 years ago
- 71 Reasons Why We’re All Still F*cking Single elitedaily.com/dating/76-reas… via @EliteDaily 3 years ago
- Fun day at the zoo. Feeding giraffes and sting rays. instagr.am/p/QQNXOYLjFJ/ 5 years ago
- RT @ESPNNFL: "Eli Manning is the best quarterback in the NFL right now." -- Skip Bayless on First Take today 5 years ago
- i really want to date a guy...without a vocal chord 5 years ago
a minute of manners and musings
August 10, 2010Posted by on
After spending some time with my dear old friend, Britt, and hearing about what life is like in Boulder, Colorado, I decided I would have a little taste of that right here in Georgia. She told me about how everyone in Boulder rides their bicycles almost anywhere they need to go and since I needed to go to the post office and the butcher shop, I hopped on that bicycle and took off. Well, I had to pump up the tires first. I swear, it’s always something around here.
I thought I would share some things with you that Britt did not share with me about errands on a bicycle.
- You need a basket. I put my phone in my pocket since I was afraid to leave home without it. What if I crashed? Who would know? So, when it rang and I reached for it, my balance got a little off. Thank heavens no one was behind me to see what happened. I can imagine it’s this need that spurred someone to invent the fanny pack, but I think I’ll just get a basket.
- You need to know the hand signals. I’m going to have to drop Mrs. Cheryl a note. I did not see her coming and she most certainly did not see me coming.
- You have a head wind going and coming.
- The sound of a car approaching from behind sounds like a freight train. For years, Mrs. Idelle has peddled on the Valdosta Highway without batting an eye, but I nearly came unglued on Pineneedle.
- In Georgia, people stare at a lady riding a bicycle that’s a touch too small carrying a pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. That’s ok. You just smile and know you are one carbon footprint ahead of them.
I think things will go a little smoother when it cools off.