- @msmary_12 nailed by Kate ;) 3 years ago
- @msmary_12 awww baby baby 3 years ago
- #wootwoot #bfftime 3 years ago
- 71 Reasons Why We’re All Still F*cking Single elitedaily.com/dating/76-reas… via @EliteDaily 3 years ago
- Fun day at the zoo. Feeding giraffes and sting rays. instagr.am/p/QQNXOYLjFJ/ 5 years ago
- RT @ESPNNFL: "Eli Manning is the best quarterback in the NFL right now." -- Skip Bayless on First Take today 5 years ago
- i really want to date a guy...without a vocal chord 6 years ago
a minute of manners and musings
Fish Out of Water
October 21, 2010Posted by on
Ever felt like a fish out of water? Like this fella? This is a fish out of water. And, a boot out of the closet, but I’ve always been very clear about my inability to keep a tidy house. Or car.
This is a boat out of water. A boat, not a fish. Get it?
It’s all very awkward…this feeling out of place. And it makes us do things unbecoming to our ordinarily fabulous selves. Take this next fella. He tends to withdraw, shut down, pout when he is the non-fish that gets put into the water. What is fine and dandy to one person clearly is not to another.
There’s a shoe again. If unexpected company were on the way, there would be more than one.
So, what am I saying with these compromising pictures of my son, our dog and my housekeeping?
You never know what can and does make a person feel like a fish out of water. Pay attention to those around you and see if someone could use a friendly smile or an encouraging word. You will likely make a new friend by doing so. And, who couldn’t use a friend??
Friends are the people that help you pick up your shoes.