- @msmary_12 nailed by Kate ;) 3 years ago
- @msmary_12 awww baby baby 3 years ago
- #wootwoot #bfftime 3 years ago
- 71 Reasons Why We’re All Still F*cking Single elitedaily.com/dating/76-reas… via @EliteDaily 3 years ago
- Fun day at the zoo. Feeding giraffes and sting rays. instagr.am/p/QQNXOYLjFJ/ 5 years ago
- RT @ESPNNFL: "Eli Manning is the best quarterback in the NFL right now." -- Skip Bayless on First Take today 5 years ago
- i really want to date a guy...without a vocal chord 5 years ago
a minute of manners and musings
flowers from afar
November 10, 2010Posted by on
I have been shakin’ a tail feather this week! Dry cleaners to pick up the suit I’m wearing for a book signing tomorrow tonight that I am going to cuss out if it even acts like it’s going to pucker around my thighs; Hobby Lobby to get some nice and generous person to cut a black mat to act as the backing on the tabletop poster for the signing; the Ford place to ask them politely and hurriedly to tell me WHY the low tire pressure light would come on on the day I needed to drive an hour – in the dark – going and coming for a very important event while my hunter husband scales the Rockies 7 states away?
And, in the middle of all this civilized chaos, the nicest thing happened.
I got a dozen roses from the hubs! He gets a big ole A for the trouble he must have gone through to make that happen because they aren’t getting good cell service way out there. He called a few days ago using a calling card. When’s the last time you’ve heard of anybody using a calling card?? I’m envisioning him standing on one booted tippy-toe on the edge of a canyon holding his cell precariously between 2 gloved fingers, a bullet falling out of his pocket, Sam and Fortson (bros-in-law and partners in crime) balancing him out by tugging on the tail of his hunting jacket which is about to tear! ‘Can you hear me now?’ he says to Erica of Garlinda’s Garden all the way back in Perry, G-A…just to send me flowers. Awww…
OK…that’s enough of that…I’ve got stuff to do. But, take your queue from my hubs and go to a little trouble for somebody. Stand on the edge of your cliff and send somebody flowers from afar.