- @msmary_12 nailed by Kate ;) 3 years ago
- @msmary_12 awww baby baby 3 years ago
- #wootwoot #bfftime 3 years ago
- 71 Reasons Why We’re All Still F*cking Single elitedaily.com/dating/76-reas… via @EliteDaily 3 years ago
- Fun day at the zoo. Feeding giraffes and sting rays. instagr.am/p/QQNXOYLjFJ/ 5 years ago
- RT @ESPNNFL: "Eli Manning is the best quarterback in the NFL right now." -- Skip Bayless on First Take today 5 years ago
- i really want to date a guy...without a vocal chord 6 years ago
a minute of manners and musings
random acts of culture
November 27, 2010Posted by on
My rural and southern upbringing and love of a good pun won’t let me go through this post without acknowledging that this concept of ‘random acts of culture’ could mean a few different things.
I’ll just let you work on that one a while and get to the intended message. Just know that I am completely cracking up on the inside.
The Knight Foundation creates these random acts of culture in order to “bring the classics out of the performance halls and onto the streets”. Take a look at these videos. These are just two of their acts in action. It will make your hair stand up. No joke. It will give you goose bumps.
This first clip was taken from a random act performed just a few weeks ago in Philadelphia at Macy’s … where the largest pipe organ in the world lives.
This next clip is from a train station in Antwerp. That’s in Belguim. I checked. After I saw this one, I literally clapped and yelled at the monitor I loved it so much.
Tell everyone you know about this. And, don’t be surprised if I break out in song in my next post.