- @msmary_12 nailed by Kate ;) 2 years ago
- @msmary_12 awww baby baby 2 years ago
- #wootwoot #bfftime 2 years ago
- 71 Reasons Why We’re All Still F*cking Single elitedaily.com/dating/76-reas… via @EliteDaily 2 years ago
- Fun day at the zoo. Feeding giraffes and sting rays. instagr.am/p/QQNXOYLjFJ/ 4 years ago
- RT @ESPNNFL: "Eli Manning is the best quarterback in the NFL right now." -- Skip Bayless on First Take today 4 years ago
- i really want to date a guy...without a vocal chord 5 years ago
a minute of manners and musings
When to tell it all
February 2, 2011Posted by on
Well, now, dontcha just learn something new every day.
For as long as I have been using and writing the word y’all, I have been misspelling it. How ‘bout them apples? Had y’all noticed? Because I use that word often in my posts.
So, it’s y’all. Not ya’ll.
I just can’t believe it. After all these years and no one has corrected me. Does no one believe Southernisms deserve to be used correctly? Or, did you just not want to say anything? That’s it, isn’t it? You didn’t want to be the one to tell me.
I’m going to let you in on a little something….I WANT TO KNOW. Who doesn’t want to know when they are embarrassing themselves? ‘Course, I don’t want you to just blast me in front of all 13 people that read this blog. Don’t make me feel even worse. You could have sent me an email. That’s private. But, I actually don’t mind if you mark up your screen with a red pen then send me a text message. Or phone. You could even call me on the phone.
Just know I’m here. For you. I’m here for you. I would be the first one to tell you if you are spelling y’all wrong. Or if you use your when it should be you’re. Or if you use their when it should be they’re.
These are the kinds of details that can make or break a cover letter, a resume, a thank you note, a speech or a blog post. Remember President Bush with nuclear and nuculear? So, tell it all, Brother! Just tell it discreetly when it’s to a friend and correctly when it’s out loud.