- @msmary_12 nailed by Kate ;) 3 years ago
- @msmary_12 awww baby baby 3 years ago
- #wootwoot #bfftime 3 years ago
- 71 Reasons Why We’re All Still F*cking Single elitedaily.com/dating/76-reas… via @EliteDaily 3 years ago
- Fun day at the zoo. Feeding giraffes and sting rays. instagr.am/p/QQNXOYLjFJ/ 5 years ago
- RT @ESPNNFL: "Eli Manning is the best quarterback in the NFL right now." -- Skip Bayless on First Take today 5 years ago
- i really want to date a guy...without a vocal chord 5 years ago
a minute of manners and musings
February 11, 2011Posted by on
1. It’s Friday. That, right there, is something to make you smile. Unless you are a Tuesday kind of person. I’m not, so TGIF.
2. Every night this week, I have cooked dinner in the crockpot. I used Southern Living recipes and they have all been really good. Maybe I’ll turn those 3 recipes into a post for you. Imagine…only 3 ingredients in the crockpot and it’s ready by 7 pm.
3. I have discovered the salads in the bag at Publix. It’s more than just lettuce…it’s a Theme Salad. I made up that name. Nuts, dried fruit and dressing. Ok, I’ll do a post with these food prep tidbits. Crockpot AND a Theme Salad? Oh yeah.
4. I also discovered Angry Birds this week. Well, last weekend, actually. I now have an extension cord from the nearest outlet to my side of the bed so I don’t have to worry about my phone battery dying while I’m playing. Drives me crazy yet I can’t stop.
5. I cut my finger yesterday and almost fainted. I was home alone so I had to cowgirl up. After school, I showed the cut to Emma and Ben. Ben almost fainted. His face was that same color on the day Emma got her ears pierced. I knew we shouldn’t have taken him. He had to cowgirl up that day because it was NOT his day and I was taking pictures of Emma. He can be such a girl.
6. (To redeem Ben…) He pulled his own tooth at school and plopped it in my lap in a Ziploc bag. It’s not like it was a toe or something, but it was kinda creepy to me.
7. Going to have lunch with my grandmother tomorrow. She turned 95 last week. Really looking forward to it – she is so witty and has the best laugh. There will be something fried, something stewed, something soaked in mayonnaise and somebody cute to eat it with. That’s how she says a quick blessing when she’s eating with friends: “Thank you, Lord, for this lunch and somebody cute to eat it with.” I went home with a friend from college whose dad said the blessing by looking up at the ceiling and saying “Preesh’ate it. Ahmen.” I use that one when I go through the drive-thru.
8. I started to end this list on #7, but I recently met a lady who has to do things in even numbers. I guess I can see the appeal, but I’m really fine with 1’s, 3’s, 5’s, 7’s. Wonder if that applies when she’s eating. Does she eat 2 of everything? Now, THAT’S something I could get behind.
Hope you have a great weekend! Stay civil!