- @msmary_12 nailed by Kate ;) 4 years ago
- @msmary_12 awww baby baby 4 years ago
- #wootwoot #bfftime 4 years ago
- 71 Reasons Why We’re All Still F*cking Single elitedaily.com/dating/76-reas… via @EliteDaily 4 years ago
- Fun day at the zoo. Feeding giraffes and sting rays. instagr.am/p/QQNXOYLjFJ/ 6 years ago
- RT @ESPNNFL: "Eli Manning is the best quarterback in the NFL right now." -- Skip Bayless on First Take today 6 years ago
- i really want to date a guy...without a vocal chord 7 years ago
a minute of manners and musings
what's new, cupcake?
March 9, 2011Posted by on
There has been a book fair at my children’s school over the last few days. And, let me just say… It would help me out a lot if the book fair would sell only books. No erasers shaped like ice cream cones. No 36″ pencils in a flourescent yellow. No little spiral bound notepads with patterned paper. Books. The kind you read.
Naturally, Emma found a book on cupcakes that she couldn’t live without. It’s called What’s New, Cupcake? by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson.
The cupcake creations are unreal. The creativity and planning that must have gone into these cupcakes….it’s admirable, actually. The book breaks down every step and shows every tool used to create everything from a golf course to these cute little ducks (you can thank a doughnut hole for that cute little head). It made me think about the tools we use and the steps we take in the hope that we are creating the person we truly want to be.
Do your clothes flatter you and give you confidence? Do your friends bring out your best? Does your attitude inspire others or turn them away? What are you reading right now? Is it food for the brain or junk?
It’s ok if you’ve veered off course a tad. Just make some small adjustments.
Go on, Cupcake. Change things up a little bit.